- 9 a.m. – Gathering, fellowship and welcome
- Please join us for a light breakfast and warm drinks while mingling with the others attending Lark Leadership Experience. Parents are welcome to drop off their students and attend the welcome. Parents events will begin at 1 p.m.
- 9:30 a.m. – Conflict styles workshop
- Psychology and Bible Prof Kevin Wilder will help you discover how you uniquely navigate conflict or challenging situations.
- 10:30 a.m. – Stereotype threat workshop
- A workshop aimed at helping students open their eyes to each others’ perspectives
- 11:30 a.m. – Brunch
- Eat in the dining hall with students and get a feel for what a Saturday morning might be like for you at Hesston College.
- Noon – Interviews
- Spend time?with a faculty or staff member engaging in conversation about how you see your gifts benefiting your college of choice.
- 1 p.m. – Honors Program
- 1:30 p.m. – StrengthsQuest workshop
- Learn more about how your personality gives you a unique place in a group and highlight career options for each unique personality type.
- 2:30 p.m. – Quiz Bowl
- Learn about our Quiz Bowl team.
- 3:30 p.m. – Reflection
- 4:30 p.m. – Wrap up
- 4:45 p.m. – Group photo
- 5:15 p.m. – Etiquette meal and program
- Enjoy a four course meal with other scholars. During the meal you will receive instruction on proper etiquette at a business dinner and be able to practice while you learn.
- 6:30 p.m. – Wrap up and departure
- After a wonderful dinner, you will be free to head home, attend our Talent Show, go with your host or stay to hang out with your new friends. We suggest not deciding what you want to do until this time. Parents and hosts will come to pick up scholars around?6:30 p.m.
Travel & Lodging Note: Hesston College welcomes all high school aged students to stay overnight in the dorms on Friday and/or Saturday night. If you are local and trying to decide which night to stay in the dorm, we suggest Saturday night. This will allow you to get a good night’s rest on Friday night, helping you be ready for the competition on Saturday. If your family is traveling from a distance, we are happy to arrange housing for everyone while they are in town, if needed. We have spaces in our on-campus guest house or at the Rodeway Inn in Hesston. Please let your admissions counselor know how we can assist you with your travel or lodging needs.
What advice do you have for someone coming to the Lark Leadership Experience?
“Do the work that you need to do ahead of time, and be prepared to meet new people and make lots of connections. Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone!”
– Kara Longenecker, Rockingham, Va.